Joshi-Adhikari Institute of Social Studies is established with the aims and objects as follows:
- To provide for diffusion of useful and scientific knowledge and education to all sections of Indian people without and distinction of age, sex, community, religion, class, caste or creed;
- To undertake or sponsor studies on economic, political and social structure of India in the light of scientific socialism;
- To undertake and encourage studies and research on different aspects of Indian history, philosophy, society, culture from a scientific and dialectical point of view;
- To organise seminars, symposia, lectures etc. on urgent and topical issues of national importance;
- To establish and maintain libraries and research centres and publish journals, periodical, paper, monographs and books for the information and education of the people;
- To cooperate and/or undertake joint activities, ventures with person, organizations or institutions having similar aims and objects for attaining these;
- To donate, aid, amalgamate with institutions or organizations having objects and activities similar to the objects and activities of the society.